Our EventsPress

ATRS Recycling Kicks Off ShopNRecycle Campaign For Back to School

Posted at September 21, 2016 | By : | Topics : Our Events,Press

As Back to School Season hits malls and shopping centers across the country, American Textile Recycling Service (ATRS) is kicking off its annual ShopNRecycle Campaign. Now in its fourth year, the campaign aims to educate community members on how to reduce unnecessary textile waste in local landfills while shopping for this season’s newest styles.

The nation’s fastest growing textile recycler encourages individuals and families throughout their twelve markets to clean out their closets before they shop for the latest styles. With Clothing & Shoe Donation Bins at 22 locations across nine states, ATRS makes it easy & convenient to give outgrown, out of season and unwanted textiles a second life instead of throwing them away.

With the current fast fashion explosion of quickly changing trends and inexpensive must-have apparel, consumers are in greater need than ever for a convenient way to get rid of outdated items. According to Secondary Materials and Recycled Textiles (SMART) Association, the average American discards 81 pounds of gently used clothing each year. But only 15% of these items are donated or recycled – the other 85% go straight to local landfills. That percentage equates to approximately 26 billion pounds of unnecessary textile waste annually.

In addition to clothing and shoes, Back to School Shoppers can drop off gently used bedding, soft toys and other household textiles in ATRS Donation Bins. Remember: if it doesn’t fit in the bin, it doesn’t belong! To find a nearby bin, simply call the ATRS 24-Hr Hotline at 866-900-9308 or visit www.atrscorp.com.

About American Textile Recycling Service
American Textile Recycling Service (ATRS) is the nation’s fastest growing textile recycler. Its socially responsible business model provides free textile recycling solutions for the public, job stimulation worldwide and much-needed funding for worthy local charities. Easy, convenient ATRS Donation Bins are available throughout Texas, Arizona, Atlanta, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Oklahoma, Southern California and Tennessee. ATRS is committed to keeping textile waste from local landfills and promoting a greener tomorrow. For press inquiries contact pr (at) atrsonline (dot) com.